Natural persons located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) should review the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) privacy notice for their specific rights, remedies, and other GDPR/Privacy Shield-related information here.
Scope of this policy
The Website and the Platform are operated by UtopiaVR in Canada, and complies with Canadian law. If You are located outside of Canada, please be aware that any information You provide to us may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of Your home country, where the data protection laws may differ from those in Your jurisdiction.
Interpretation and Definitions
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to APEX VR HOLDINGS INC. ( DBA UtopiaVR ), 1800 – 1631 Dickson Avenue, Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 0B5.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: British Columbia, Canada
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website and all content contained therein.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself such as the duration of a page visit.
- Website refers to UtopiaVR, accessible from utopiavr.io
- You or Your, means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, the Company may ask You to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
The Company uses both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, which includes monitoring the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news relevant to Our Service or clients, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer or facilitate that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about, unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to the Company, We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember, no method of transmission over the Internet, nor method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our clients have the right to monetize their offerings within Our Services and we assume no responsibility for the outcome of any third-party interaction that arises out of Your interaction with said parties.
In an ongoing effort to better understand Our users and the Website, We might analyze Your information in aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website. This aggregate information does not identify You personally. We may share this aggregate data with Our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We use one or more third–party analytics services such as Google Analytics to evaluate your use of the Website and the UtopiaVR Platform to compile reports on activity based on the collection of IP addresses; internet service providers; browser types; operating systems and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Website and/or the Platform you visit; number of links clicked while on the Website and/or the Platform; search terms and other similar usage data; and performance metrics.
Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
You may opt out at any time from the use of Your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and/or transfer of Your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow Us a reasonable time to process Your request. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional or administrative e-mails related to Our Services or Your requests for information or materials.